What are the membership levels?
Great news! The board recently decided to make all membership levels free for now. (We do still accept donations to carry out our work.)
To become a member,
- Read the commitment below
- Then fill out this membership application form (Members who are rejoining should also fill out this form)
By becoming a National Physical Activity Society (NPAS) member, you are joining a growing, national community of peers who share a common vision of creating healthy communities where people of all ages and abilities are physically active.
What are the member benefits?
For you, as a member, NPAS represents your policy and programming interests at a national level while keeping in mind your state and local needs. NPAS provides a collaborative learning environment with access to ideas, resources, and tools designed to help you succeed in your work. As a member, you will receive:
- Resources to grow and perform in your career;
- Opportunities to connect with other physical activity professionals;
- Representation of your policy concerns;
- Opportunities for volunteerism and leadership.
What will NPAS do?
As part of your membership, the NPAS will:
- Represent your policy and programming interests at a national level while keeping in mind your needs at the state and local level;
- Provide resources for you to grow and perform in your career;
- Offer opportunities to connect with other physical activity professionals;
- Represent your policy concerns;
- Provide opportunities for volunteerism and leadership.
What is my commitment if I become a member?
Members agree to:
- Represent the NPAS by working to create safe and accessible communities, where people of all ages and abilities are physically active, by taking deliberate and informed actions across all sectors of society.
- Actively participate as a member of the society by contributing whenever possible, responding to inquiries, and otherwise helping to build a robust, peer learning network.
- Complete member surveys, upon request.
- Participate in learning and networking opportunities offered by the NPAS.
How do I become more involved?
The National Physical Activity Society's Action Teams (committees) provide opportunities to join with members in common interests.
- Select one of the Society's Action Teams, or
- You can offer your own ideas on how to get involved
You can sign up or offer ideas via the membership application form. If you decide later you want to add a team, contact us.
Be sure to follow our social media pages on the platforms you and your organization use.